1616 E 18th St
Exhibit Curators: Chuck Haddix & Geri Sanders. Partnership with American Jazz Museum, University of Missouri-Kansas City and Mid-America Arts Alliance.
For Charlie Parker’s centennial year, please join us for a special preview reception and tour of our newest temporary exhibition.
The evening’s experience will include:
– Welcome from American Jazz Museum Executive Director Rashida Phillips
– Remarks from exhibit co-curators Geri Sanders and Chuck Haddix.
– Music from the Kansas City Jazz Academy and special guest Bobby Watson
– Viewing of the special exhibit in three timed shifts
– A cash bar and refreshments available
You MUST register for this event in order to attend.
Reserve your tickets HERE
In compliance with the Mayor’s ordinance, masks will be required. Social distancing is strongly recommended for this event. Areas of the Museum including the permanent exhibition, atrium, and back patio will be open to promote health and safety practices.
More information about Saxophone Supreme: The Life and Music of Charlie Parker HERE